I don't know that I have a particularly "favorite" time of the year; I tend to enjoy each of the seasons as they arrive. Spring is invigorating, summer is lived without heavy socks, autumn is back-to-school time, and winter is...well, seemingly forever over here.We've been blessed with a particularly lovely fall season this year, and I couldn't help but to try and capture several of the more "golden" moments in photographs.
It thrilled me to actually see trees changing colors this year. Yes, colors - plural! My friend from Canada scoffed at my appreciation of the fall foliage, insisting that Moscow's minimal displays of reds & yellows was nothing when compared with the hues that would be viewed in her native country.

She's probably right. However, it's because I so rarely see vivid colors of trees within the city that I've appreciated them all the more. If Moscow were always ablaze with the crimson glory of a Canadian Maple, would anyone really stop to notice the exquisite exhibit of God's creativity?

She's probably right. However, it's because I so rarely see vivid colors of trees within the city that I've appreciated them all the more. If Moscow were always ablaze with the crimson glory of a Canadian Maple, would anyone really stop to notice the exquisite exhibit of God's creativity?
My window of opportunity for photographing the fall has passed, I believe. Rain has returned to Moscow, bringing with it the chilly winds that threaten the last clinging leaves. It won't be long before the trees are bare, stripped of all color.
As much as I'll miss the glimpses of reds & yellows, should snow start to fall, I'd gladly welcome that, for the whiteness of winter holds a beauty all its own.
As much as I'll miss the glimpses of reds & yellows, should snow start to fall, I'd gladly welcome that, for the whiteness of winter holds a beauty all its own.
No comments:
Post a Comment